Dynamic Number Insertion (DNI) is a method of call tracking that makes it possible to see which channels (landing pages, websites, source/mediums) are driving the most traffic through phone calls.
How does this work at Orbee?
DNI is when you attach unique phone numbers for each source/medium you want to track. At Orbee, we do this by installing a plugin to your website that automatically finds the websites that require a DNI and we replace it with phone numbers that we can track.
- On your website, Orbee's tracking line is what will be displayed
For example, if a user from google/cpc calls Sales, this user will see the (111) 333-333 number instead of (111) 111-1111 number on your website.
If a user enters your website from google/cpc and calls Service, this user will see the number (111) 444-4444 instead of (111) 222-2222 on your dealership website.
Consumer Perspective Dealership Perspective
Why is DNI important?
When a customer clicks on this phone number from a specific marketing source we will be able to:
- Obtain the marketing source that the caller called from
- View the duration of the phone call and the phone number they used to call with
- See what day and time the customer called
- Observe the call status (whether the call was completed or there was no answer)
With this information, you can see which marketing sources are achieving conversions (by phone call). The success of these phone calls can be based on observing the duration of the phone call and whether it was completed. You can view this data on the Call Reports section of the Platform.
Last Updated: Mar 4, 2020 12:08 PM