This article will go over the recommended sizes and requirements for Google Ads.
Orbee's Google Advertisements Creative Checklist
The four items that your dealership needs to check off before sending your creatives to us are as follows:
- There are at least two ad sizes per offer for each advertising platform
- Any OEM required manufacturer logos and sales event assets have been included
- File aspect ratio and file size are within the required Size and Max File Size
- All creatives meet the advertising platform Requirements
Google Ads: Display Advertisements
|Size||Max File Size||File Type||Requirements|
|300 x 250||<150 KB||jpg||Image quality, Unclear relevance, Misleading content, Adult content|
|728 x 90||<150 KB||jpg||Image quality, Unclear relevance, Misleading content, Adult content|
|300 x 600||<150 KB||jpg||Image quality, Unclear relevance, Misleading content, Adult content|
Google Ads: Responsive Display Ads (RDA)
Ads types we recommend you begin with are Branding and Service.
We need at least one set of creatives (1 landscape image and 1 square image). Images in a set can be the same design in 2 different sizes.
|Landscape||1200 x 628||<5 MB||Text may cover no more than 20% of the image|
|Square||1080 x 1080||<5 MB||Text may cover no more than 20% of the image|
- DO NOT include dealership Logos in the Landscape & Square creatives
- Use the images to highlight Branding/Makes/Models/Services available at the dealership
- You can read more about responsive display ads on Google.
The following Google Ads policies are especially relevant to image ads and are often associated with disapproval:
- Image quality
- All images used in advertising must meet certain quality standards. The image layout must conform to Google Ads standards and the image itself can’t be blurry. See the image quality policy for more information.
- Unclear relevance
- All information should be relevant to what you’re advertising. For example, all submitted ad fields must represent the same advertiser and be relevant to the promoted product. See the policy on Unclear relevance for more information.
- Misleading content
- All information should be accurate and descriptive of what you’re advertising. See the misleading content policy for more information. Image ads can’t contain images that resemble site warnings or error messages, and images can’t appear to be more than one ad.
- Adult content
- To keep ads relevant and safe for users, Google restricts adult content in certain circumstances. See the adult content policy for more information. Image ads can’t contain any adult-oriented content.
- We also have an article about why your Google Ad was disapproved if you would like to read more on the topic.
- Google’s platform has measures in place to protect trademarked words, phrases, and logos. Please keep this in mind if your dealership is explicitly advertising a trademark that is not your own.
Last Updated: Jan 27, 2020 10:19 AM