This article goes over the steps to linking your Google Ads Account to a Manager Account.
This instructional guide will teach you how to link a Google Ads account to a Manager Account. Please refer to Google's Support Website to learn more about linking accounts, manager accounts, and administrative access. If you wish to learn more about Google Ads and campaign creation, Google's Skillshop is a free online resource dedicated to teaching you the in's and out's of marketing through Google Ads.
In this article
- Why have non-manager and manager Google Ads accounts?
- Linking your Manager account to a Google Ads account
- Granting Orbee Access to your Google Ads account
Why have non-manager and manager Google Ads accounts?
Having your own Google Ads account allows you to take control of your own information. Bringing transparency to your Ad spend allows you to see where and what you are spending your budget on. You will also have more access to the data gathered from Google Ads about your audience and reach. In the event of transitioning ad agencies, you get to keep your user data.
Limits to Google Ads Accounts
- The maximum number of active, non-manager accounts your manager account can be linked to at any given time depends on your accounts’ monthly spending from the last 12 months. Learn more about how the maximum account limit is determined for your manager account.
- An individual Google Ads account can't be directly managed by more than 5 manager accounts.
- A manager account can't be directly managed by more than 1 other manager account.
- Your managed account structure can be no greater than 6 levels deep.
Linking your Manager account to a Google Ads account
This process must be done by the Google Adwords manager account.
- Sign in to Google Ads with the account you wish to be the manager account at ads.google.com
- From the main page menu on the left, click Accounts, then click Management at the top of the page.
- Click the plus button and click Link existing account.
- Enter the Customer ID from the Google Ads account you wish to manage and send the invitation. Click Send Request.
- Congratulations! Users with access to the Google Ads account you sent a link request to will receive account alerts and emails inviting them to link to your account!
You'll see the user you invited under "Pending invitations" in the "Users" page under "Account Access." The user will need to accept your invitation and create a Google Ads account using the email address you sent the invitation to (or another email address of their choosing). You'll be notified when the user responds.
Granting Orbee access to your Google Ads account
To grant Orbee access to your Google Ads account, please contact your account manager or use the link below to contact us. We will provide you with our ID number and you can use the directions above to allow Orbee to access your account.
Last Updated: June 3, 2020 9:32 PM