- Orbee Knowledge Base
- Orbee Platform
- Marketing and Advertising Definitions
Digital Marketing & Advertising
What is a VIN?
The VIN is the Vehicle Identification Number.
Every vehicle has a VIN. The VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is unique to every vehicle.
Notes about VIN
- VIN numbers have 17 characters
- A squish VIN is 11 characters, minus the 9th digit
- A VIN allows car dealerships to check for recalls, registrations, warranty, theft, and insurance.
- The VIN can reveal a lot of information about a vehicle, including the country of origin, engine size, model year, vehicle type, trim level, and more!
Last Updated: Mar 2, 2020 11:57 AM